Is your skin type oily? In addition to reducing self-confidence, oily skin can sometimes be annoying because it is accompanied by itching and discomfort.
This time, TheAsianparent will talk about oily skin, how to prevent it and tips on how to take care of it.
Why facial skin may be oily?
Oily skin diseases are caused by sebaceous glands in the skin that produce too much sebum. Sebum itself is a natural oil that is produced by our body and acts to cover the skin and hair, it also helps to keep the facial skin moist.
However, when your body produces too much sebum, the skin looks shiny and can cause new problems like acne. This is because oily skin tends to trap dirt easily and clog pores.
In addition to acne, skin that is too oily makes it difficult for dead skin cells to shed, thereby clogging facial pores.
Related article: 5 ingredients of beauty products that you should avoid for oily skin
Symptoms of oily skin
Here are some signs that your skin type is oily:
- Lots of comedones
- Facial skin prone to acne
- The pores of the facial skin look large and can be seen with the naked eye
- The skin of the face looks shiny, moist and sticky.
What causes oily face skin?
There are several factors that can cause your face to become oily, including:
- Genetics Oily skin conditions can be inherited from parents, especially if both parents have oily facial skin problems, their children tend to experience the same.
- Age. The older you get, the more prone you are to oily skin problems.
- weather Sebaceous glands in the skin tend to produce more sebum when the weather is dry and hot, this is the body’s natural process to hydrate skin that loses a lot of fluid. so that the facial skin often becomes oily.
- Large pores It can cause more oil production on the face and as a result oily skin.
- Hormonal imbalance It can also cause excessive activation of sebaceous glands and make the skin of the face oily.
- Excessive consumption of sugar It causes oily skin and pimples.
Care tips for oily facial skin
There are several effective methods for treating oily facial skin, which are as follows.
- Wash your face regularly with suitable products. Before washing your face, choose a face wash that can help combat oily skin. Then, every morning and night, carefully clean your face with soap and water to reduce the amount of oil on the skin.
- Regular exfoliation. Oily skin tends to accumulate dead skin cells and dirt in the pores, so it is recommended to exfoliate regularly with a scrub at least 2-3 times a week. But, when using the scrub, don’t rub too much to avoid irritating your skin.
- Use moisturizer. So that the skin does not produce too much oil, after cleansing the face, apply a moisturizer for oily skin.
- Choose the right product. Choose skin care and makeup products that are water-based and have a non-comedogenic logo. Because these two categories are suitable for oily skin.
- Reduce sugar and fatty foods. As explained above, a diet with high sugar content and consumption of fatty foods can increase the risk of oily facial skin. Cut back on these two types of foods and replace them with skin-healthy foods like green vegetables, nuts, fish, and fruits like avocados and oranges.
Related Article: 11 Recommended Moisturizers for Oily Skin in 2022, Light and Non-Sticky
Natural ingredients to overcome oily skin
Here are some natural ingredients that can help combat oily skin:
- Oatmeal It can absorb excess fat on the skin of the face. You do this by rubbing oatmeal on your face like you’re wearing a mask. Or you can mix it with honey and lemon juice, then use it as a mask. Do not forget to wash your face after using it.
- Aloevera It can also reduce the production of excess fat in the facial skin. Take an aloe vera stem, scrape off the flesh and use as a face mask. After that, wash your face.
- Lemon. This fruit is very nutritious for beauty. Paste the cleaned lemon slices. Leave it for a few minutes and then wash your face with clean water.
- honey Among the natural ingredients that can reduce the production of oil on the face. It can also fight acne-causing bacteria. Mix lemon juice and honey, use as a face mask. After a few minutes, wash your face with clean water.
- egg white This effect reduces oil production and can tighten facial skin. Use the egg white as a mask, leave it for a few minutes, then wash your face with a face wash for oily skin.
- tomatoes It can remove dead facial skin cells and overcome oily skin. You can use a face mask containing tomato extract. Or directly use tomato slices on the face.
Related Article: 10 Easy Oily Skin Remedies For Moms To Try At Home
Tips for choosing a face wash for oily faces
Apart from using natural ingredients to treat oily skin, you should also choose a face wash for oily skin carefully. Check out the tips here:
- Active elements You should pay attention to it in face wash soap products. For oily skin, the best products containing salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, Niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and glycerin, all these substances can control the production of excess fat in the skin of the face.
- Choose products labeled Noncomedogenic and Oil Free. This label on a product indicates that it is a face wash that is more suitable for oily skin.
- Avoid alcohol content in washing the face because it can dry and irritate oily skin.
Here is an explanation of oily face with tips on how to take care of it. We hope this information is useful for you.
10 types of moisturizers for oily skin, choose one that contains these ingredients!
Fat face in pregnancy? Here’s why and how to overcome it
8 masks for oily skin, use only 2 to 4 ingredients!